The band was invited to Nago City to do a small parade for the annual Cherry Blossom Festival up there. Yes, I know it's weird, cherry blossoms in January?!?
Before the parade got under way, the kids were helping the drummers warm-up.
Alivia looks like she's sleeping but she would just close her eyes when she heard the loud noise of the snare drums.
Don't they look sharp?!?
Kris is the third Marine in.
Scroll down for parts 2 & 3





2 comments:
Very cool pictures! I know it was difficult to say the least to leave your family, but this is such an awesome experience!! Living in a different culture, experiencing their traditions. I'm sure it doesn't beat being home, but it won't be long! :)
Cherry blossoms in January sound odd, but until recently, here they had them blooming because it was so warm in New York City! Well, that was oh maybe a month ago.. now we've had snow pretty regularly and I'm aching for that warmer weather again already!
They do look sharp!
Post a Comment