Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Sea Wall





We live just a few minutes from the ocean and because it was a nice evening, we decided to have a picnic by the sea wall. The wall was built to help protect the small towns from the many typhoons that hit the island. The wall itself is many miles long and we were on a section that was 'beautified' if you will, so that people can run, take walks, or just sit and enjoy the waves and the beautiful sunsets. I love it. It's such a peaceful place. Sorry, if some of the pictures are blurry, my camera wasn't being very cooperative.




Speaking of sunsets, we've been having some really gorgeous ones lately.





People are allowed to do graffiti work along the wall and some of it is really neat.




This is a picture of Hamby town and the Camp Foster Marine base. Because we were on a part of the island that juts out, we can actually look back and see where we live.

6 comments:

Todd and Micah said...

I love the one with Isaac and Emma's backs to the camera. Isn't it crazy that we both live by the ocean now? I'm glad you guys are getting out to enjoy your surroundings. It looks like a beautiful place.

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Glad to see fast food picnics rule in your family, too! Quick question. How far is Camp Foster from Kadina Air Force base? I was talking to my little bro about you guys this week. BTW- thanks for the sweet comment on the post about Ava...

The Hutsells said...

Holly, Kadena is just up the road, maybe 10 minutes depending on traffic. We go there quite a bit. We like to visit thier BX (exchange), if our PX doesn't have what we're looking for.

mi*chelle said...

Megan, The picture of you with the four kids is great! It's nice to see a busy mom with a smile!

pchutsell said...

Joel just said they will induce Friday if the blessed event hasn't happened by itself.

fosterheartsathome said...

Hey girl...your pics are lovely...glad to hear your dad is visiting...tell him I said hi...I always liked him, it seemed I could say just about anything and he would laugh but act like he wasn't!:}
your video was great, so good to here your voice! Email is just not the same!!!I can tell you are enjoying your children, me too! I'l try that video thing...that's fun!
bye,
Karla