Over the past couple of months, Kris and I have had some things happen to us that would seem to be just coincidental. I don't believe in that though. To me, they are little blessings from a wonderful God who loves us.
For instance, I was looking for a new diaper bag that could hold all that I needed for four kids. I found a really nice one online at Lands End, but it was fifty bucks. No way was I spending that kind of money on a diaper bag! Then I get a gift in the mail from my cousin, Susan, and guess what it was? A fifty dollar gift card for Lands End!
Kris was in dire need of some new trouser pants for work and was about to purchase more, when a guy in the band offered him two brand new pair. They fit Kris perfectly, all he had to do was get the bottoms hemmed. This guy was getting out of the military and wanted to get rid of his stuff. Kris offered him money but the guy wouldn't take it. Pretty cool huh?
Okay, one more. The kids and I visit the library every week and load up on books. I was thinking of buying a canvas bag to put all the books in. Well, I looked around for one and couldn't find anything for cheap. In the meantime, I had ordered a new baby carrier for Alivia and the company emails me telling me the order got delayed, so they were sending me a free gift. Can you guess the free gift? Yep, that's right, a new canvas bag. It was perfect!
I know these little things may not seem like much to you, but they mean a lot to me. Sometimes, being here makes me homesick. I wish things were different and that we were back home where it's safe and comfortable. I miss my family and it's hard to watch my little ones grow up without them being around their grandparents. I would give up the beach, the ocean view, the beautiful sunsets and more if I could just go home. When we have these so called 'coincidental' things happen to us it feels like a nice warm hug. I feel like God is reminding us that he's still with us and that we're not here by mistake. Isn't it nice to know that God is watching out for us even in the smallest areas of our lives?
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Amen and Amen!!
Isaiah 40:31 in the flesh.
That is a really neat testimony. We pray for you all every day and are so glad to see God working visibly in your lives. Really cool!! God Is Great!!
That's awesome Meg! God will always supply all of our needs. I'm so glad to hear that He is continually blessing you every day. I know it's not easy being so far away, but youre' right, you're exactly where you need to be at this point in time. Love you!
Hey Megan! Wow, it was so neat reading through your blog and seeing what's been happening in your life since good ol' IWU. And you're in Japan?! Are there a lot of military wives there that you can connect with? It's neat hearing that you have four kids, too. I LOVE that pic of your little girl with her head caught in the sewing machine. Too cute.
I liked your post! It's the whole "consider the lillies" for today's needs! :)
As for your slogan, I really cleaned them up!! :) You should have seen some of them! The link is posted at the top of that post.
Have a good day!
As life goes on I am more and more convinced that there is a reason for everything and God has our lives in the palm of his hand. I never thought that you were there by accident, I just wished that I could be there with you. You know I always wanted to be where you and Micah were. I miss you all so much, but it is so wonderful to know that God is looking after you and I don't have to worry. God has always been there in every situation and you have had several. At the beginning of this year I realized deep within my spirit just how much God loves each of us and there isn't anything I can do or not do that will change that. I don't second- quess God anymore. He is a wonderful awesome all knowing God. Hallelujiah!!!!
Oh Meg, this post made me cry (and it's not just because I'm hormonal!) :) I love hearing about the "little blessings". God is so good!
Post a Comment