Last night, I was laying in bed awake and I felt the bed shake a little. I looked over at Kris and he was fast asleep and completely still. It freaked me out a little because I considered the possibility that it might've been an earthquake, but quickly dismissed the idea.
I woke up this morning and thought I would check the internet for any earthquake activity in the area and sure enough, my suspicions were right.
Growing up in Indiana, nothing exciting ever happens, except the occassional tornado warning. So, to me, this was pretty thrilling.
Here is some information about it that I thought was interesting.
USGS Earthquake Hazards Program » Magnitude 5.4 - RYUKYU ISLANDS, JAPAN: Earthquake Details
Magnitude: 5.4 (Moderate)
Date-Time: Saturday, August 12, 2006 at 18:39:18 (UTC) Coordinated Universal Time
Sunday, August 13, 2006 at 3:39:18 AM local time at epicenter Time of Earthquake
Location: 28.834°N, 130.014°E
Depth: 28.6 km (17.8 miles) set by location program
Region: RYUKYU ISLANDS, JAPAN
Distances: 310 km (195 miles) S of Kagoshima, Kyushu, Japan
370 km (230 miles) SSW of Miyazaki, Kyushu, Japan
375 km (235 miles) NE of Naha, Okinawa, Japan
1185 km (740 miles) SW of TOKYO, Japan
Saturday, August 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, I bet that was weird! I always wanted to know what it would be like to feel an earthquake. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Its so nice of you to say. Can you believe its been that long since those chorale days? Maybe you can four kids later, but that's just crazy. Hope all continues to go well on the other side of the world!
Wow! I'm glad it wasn't serious enough to hurt you guys!
WHOA!!! Gotta say y'all have had lots of excitement there in Okinawa as of late... Do you think you and I should start a club called "Weather Stalkers Anon." or something like that??? HA! Really, I get a serious kick out of these particular posts!
You always get to experience the cool stuff. You're such an oldest!
hey girl
are you guys feeling weird with aa the North Korea Talk ?
Thinking of you.
KArla
Post a Comment