Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Dad to the Rescue!






Back in March, my wonderful husband made me my own sewing table for my birthday. Little did he realize, that the slats he made for the sewing machine to sit on were just far enough apart for a small child to get thier head stuck in. And leave it to Emma to be the one to accomplish that.
I took my sewing machine out to change the bobbin and got distracted and left. While I was gone, Emma put her head up there and couldn't get back out. I tried to pull and tug but it was hopeless. Her head would not budge. Since I am totally ignorant when it comes to power tools, I had to call Kris and have him come home from work to get her out. It's a good thing he's not more than a few minutes away or I don't know what I would've done. I couldn't help but take a few pictures while we were waiting for him. I told Emma to smile for the camera but she just kind of looked at me like, 'you've got to be kidding right?'. After unscrewing one of the slats he pushed her head down and out. Her little ears were red for a while but she's okay now.

4 comments:

mi*chelle said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!! That's one for the prom date!...or the wedding reception at least!

Todd and Micah said...

Hmm...I wonder where she gets her curiousity?

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! You could have tried vaseline or peanut butter! Just kidding. I really think it is funny that you asked her to smile. Do you think she will ever again stick her head where it doesn't belong? Tell Emma me-maw loves her.

Anonymous said...

That rock!!! I love what kids get into.