Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Back to the beach




We went back to the beach on Monday, Kris had the day off. We were a little more prepared than last time and actually stayed longer. The waves were more rough this time, so the kids didn't go out into the water much unless we carried them out to do some wave jumping.
Alivia slept on a blanket under the beach umbrella the whole time we were there. I didn't put any sunscreen on her thinking she was safe under the umbrella, but when we got home we noticed that she had gotten burned on the back of her thighs and arms. I feel horrible about it. I still don't understand how she got burned but I'm going to cover her in sunscreen the next time we go out.

Poor Emma would walk out to where the water would come up to her knees and without fail she would get knocked down by a wave. She would cry and cry, but we kept reassuring her and eventually she didn't make such a big deal of it.
Lily spent some time in the sand and then came up and sat on the blanket with me. She sat and ate Cheetos for about a half hour, the little piggy.
Emma and Isaac made a friend while we were there. A little Japanese girl came over and played for a while. Neither of them could understand each other, but it didn't seem to bother any of them. It's interesting to watch how kids are so unconcerned about life. They just want to have a good time.

2 comments:

Todd and Micah said...

We finally made it to the beach Monday too. We had so much fun with the boys. I'm glad you guys had some time to relax as a family.

The Hutsells said...

Stacy - It's so good to hear from you. I can't wait to see your blog when you get it up and running. I'm anxious to see how much your little ones have grown. I bet thier not so little anymore. I always thought you had your hands full, now I know how you feel! ;) Lots of love, Megan