Saturday, November 24, 2007

Back Home Again in Indiana

We've been back for almost a week now and are doing quite well. Everything fell into place before we left as we were able to sell both vehicles and passed our housing inspection.
Our 4 flights back to the States were pretty uneventful, except for the time Isaac threw up and the older two had to sit a few rows ahead of us on one flight. When we checked our baggage in on our first flight, the guy at the counter wondered where the rest of our bags were since we only had 3. When Kris informed him that that was it, he called Kris a genius. We had shipped everything else home. It cost some big bucks, but it was well worth it in the end. I saw a family of four check 7 bags and 2 dogs. Here we are a family of six and we check 3 bags! Ha!
Anyway, the kids have adjusted pretty well to the time change also. We've had a one or two of them wake up each night scared or confused, but I think they're quickly adapting.
Car shopping this week has been fun. We finally got into a new vehicle yesterday. It will be nice not to have to make two trips everywhere we go.
We're glad to be back in our hometown for a while. I think the grandparents are enjoying their grandkids too.
Hopefully, I'll be able to figure out how to post pictures soon. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

7 comments:

The Thomas Trio said...

Yay!!!!!! So glad you made it back safely. Write me an email with your address so I can see how far you are from us, and maybe we can work out coming to see you! Are y'all staying in In for while or getting restationed?

mi*chelle said...

Welcome back!!! :)

The Chinlund Family said...

Welcome home!!! I'll bet it's good to be around family again! Glad to hear you're in the states safe and sound!

Shoemaker Family said...

Glad you guys are home safe! Can't wait for the updates to start again...and to see a picture of that little boy growing in you too!!

Mel said...

e-mail me at: duckwall_ms@yahoo.com

We would LOVE to see you and your family while you stay in Indiana.

fosterheartsathome said...

hey there...we are coming in after Christmas and will be home a week. I was wondering if you would like to join us for a b-day party for Tanner, he will be 8! :(

I was planning on inviting Brad and Robin over also. Of course, have to ok this with my mom, but sure she won't mind! :)

If not, maybe you can just come hang out!
Look forward to seeing you!
K

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Glad you guys made it home! Where will you be stationed next? My brother moved the same day as you guys! WEIRD!!! He's really going to miss it, too. He's moving to Panama City. I'm sure you saw his plane flying many times... The world sure is a small place.
Well, hope to see some more updates soon!!