Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Family Updates

I haven't done an update in a while, so I thought I'd do one.
  • Alivia is taking more steps, but still not venturing off on her own yet. She can do about 12 steps but gets so excited that she can't stay balanced. It's a hoot to watch her. She can finally ma-ma. She's been saying da-da for months.
  • Lily is training herself to go on the potty. She has learned how to do everything by watching her big sister. She doesn't use a potty chair or a potty seat, she just climbs right up there. For the first several weeks, she just sat. It was a fun thing for her to do. But now, I'm actually hearing some tinkling. I have not encouraged this at all, because I figured she was too young yet, so I'm quite shocked that she's having success. I still keep a diaper on her, but we may be switching to pull-ups soon. Lily is also officially off the pacifier! Praise the Lord!
  • Emma and Isaac finished Vacation Bible School last week. They were both so excited about it. To watch them do the moves and sing the songs was just a riot. Isaac got right in front and was so focused on learning the songs. No one could deter that little boy. I'm sad I didn't get pictures of it.
  • Our cat, Sophie, ran away a few weeks ago. It's heartbreaking to think of all the things that could've happened to her. Maybe she did us all a favor. She was getting expensive though. I thought cats were supposed to be cheap.
  • Everyone is finally sleeping through the night. Wow, that took a long time.
Lily's artwork on the wall. I went through two magic erasers trying to get the crayon off. Always buy washable crayons and markers!

Just look at all that red hair!

1 comment:

mi*chelle said...

Ok...my little Picassos have done some work on our walls, but NONE to that extent!! I would have gone insane. I can't even remember what finally worked for me. The magic eraser wasn't really all that successful for me....I tried everything, if I remember right. Kitchen cleaners, bathroom cleansers, etc. Bar Keeper's Friend is striking me as what I may have found success with...don't know now. It's been a while. I never thought to take a picture of it. Good luck!