Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Nine Lives... No More

Sophie is now completely back to her old self. The people at the animal hospital said it may take days for her to be able to eat again. Not Sophie! 36 hours after getting the antidote she was eating again like nothing had ever happened. She has definately won our respect (despite those early days of peeing on the bed). You're still getting fixed though. Sorry girl.
I tried to show where her bite marks are with the white dots. It's hard to see in pictures with her dark fur. They are all but little scabs now and itchy for her.
As for the snake, we have no idea where it is. By looking at the distance between her bite marks, we're thinking it was a good size snake. We took a look around the house and didn't find anything. I'm hoping she got bit in the woods nearby and then took off running for home. At least if it's in the woods, I don't have to worry about it being close to the house. I think I'd pee my pants if I ever came up on one. Yikes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Megan, I am so glad she is alright. I kept thinking about the kids if she died. It is so hard for kids to understand. I wonder if this will keep her from going outside anymore. Umm probably not. Plea the blood of Jesus over your kids when they are outside.

Love, Mom aka Memaw Barber

Todd and Micah said...

Aww...poor kitty cat. I'm glad she's doing better. What a trooper. I'm glad you found her when you did. Snakes in the back yard, yuck! I'll pray that they camp out somewhere else.