Monday, April 09, 2007

The Blessings of a Momma

This Easter Sunday, I was excited to get everybody dressed up and go to church. We haven't gone to church the last two years because we didn't have a church. Now we do! Everbody cooperated and we all got out the door. We were running a little late, but we made it.

I often get asked, 'How do you do it?' To be quite honest, I'm not sure how to answer that question. I suppose it's like everything else that you face in life, you just do. I think some people believe that we barely get by and our sanity is always on a thin line ready to plunge into craziness at any moment. It's funny to me to see them shaking their heads and secretly thanking the Lord above that they are not in our shoes.
Meanwhile, I'm thinking, if only you could be in my shoes. If only you could see the smiles and hugs I get in the morning. If only you could hear what all four of them sound like when they laugh together. If only you could see how many helpers I have to get the clothes out of the dryer. If only you could see what my bathroom looks like when we're all brushing our teeth. If only you could hear the conversations that go on between them and try your hardest not to giggle at them. If only you could see how peaceful it is to see all four of them asleep.
People think we're nuts for wanting to have more kids. I say, 'why not?' God has richly blessed us and it seems that He gives us even more with every child we have. We may not be rolling in the dough, but I can't count how many times people have told me that money won't buy you happiness. My wealth and riches are in my children. God has proved to me time and time again that we can trust Him with everything. We serve an amazing God and certainly one that has a great sense of humor. That's evident in the variety of shapes, sizes and colors we have in our children.

Thank you Lord, for dying on a cross for our sins and beating death and the grave so that we may one day live forever with you for the rest of eternity. Thank you for giving us each of our children. They bring us so much joy and laughter, I can't imagine life any other way.


Do you really want to know what it's like to get four little boogers and one big booger to sit still and smile for a picture?

3 comments:

mi*chelle said...

Your post made me smile....
I totally get it....
There are days when you pull your hair out, but for the most part, it's pretty great; I agree.

Anonymous said...

Your post made me cry. As a Grandma I wish I was sharing some of that with you. But I know God has a plan and someday maybe he will see fit to let those little boogers experience having Grandmas & Grandpas. I love you all so much and thanks for the wonderful pictures.

Love, Mom aka Me-Maw Barber

pchutsell said...

Kris&Meagan, I just now got to see these beautiful pictures. I can't get over how much they have grown and how beautiful they are! You kids have the true blessings from God.
Psaml 127:3-5 says:
Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.
Your faith in God will see you through the tough times and he will provide. Love you all! MeeMaw H.