Monday, January 08, 2007

The Good, The Weird, and the Bittersweet

These past few days have been a roller coaster ride and a half. So here's a rundown of what we've been doing.

The Good:

Alivia is crawling on her hands and knees. She figured this out much faster than the other three. I'm so proud of her.

Lily is starting to say more words. She can say, well, at least we know she tries to say: 'Eat', 'Please', 'Thank you', 'All done', 'Poop', 'Yes', and 'No'. She's such a smart girl.

Emma is finally staying in bed at night. I'm so glad we're over this phase. Now she watches out for Lily and will yell at us if Lily gets out of bed. We've trained her well.

Isaac has a really good singing voice. Of course, it still sounds somewhat toddlerish at times, but we actually catch him harmonizing with some songs. I can't wait to see what other talents God has given him.

The Weird:

Lily likes to eat pintos and beans from Taco Bell, she also likes to eat the styrofoam bowl it comes in. I found two bites gone out of it and the pieces were no where in sight. Yummy!

We got a kitty yesterday and the kids were trying to think of names for her. Isaac suggested 'Boner'. I have no idea where he got this, but I laughed my head off.

Alivia has been pooping green for over a week now. I took her to her doctor and she has no idea what's causing it.

Emma peed in our bed during naptime and didn't tell us. This was a great feeling when I was crawling in bed at 11:30 at night.

The kids got bean bags for Christmas, but for some reason Isaac can't remember what they're called so he's thought of another name for them, 'Big Macs'. Sorry, buddy but that name's already been taken.

The Bittersweet:

Kris's grandfather passed away on Saturday. It was something that we knew might happen when we left the States, but definitely not easy to handle. This is why it's hard to live so far away. We want to be there to help, but there's not much we can do when we're an ocean away. We sometimes feel left out, but I suppose that's just part of the sacrifice we have to make.
Kris is going home and he's bringing Isaac with him. They'll get to see family they haven't seen in two years and will get to meet the new baby of the family, cousin Chloe! It will be a bittersweet time for everyone I'm sure.

6 comments:

TheGaffords said...

So sorry to hear about Kris' grandfather. I'm sure that's been tough for you all. Thanks for the good and the weird updates. It helps me feel like I actually know your children a little! (So what did you all decide on to name the new cat?)

The Hutsells said...

We don't know yet. So far it's just been Ki-Ki. That's toddler language for Kitty.

Todd and Micah said...

So sorry about grandpa. I'm glad Kris will be able to come home though; it's been so long for him.

You need to post some pics of your kitty. I'm glad you found one you liked.

Call me sometime. I know you tried, but try again :)

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Loosing someone when your far away is hard and I am sorry for Kris and the family.

Why to go Issac and the name suggestion! Your kids bring me joy over an ocean away. Pics would be nice of the new addition :-)

Jennie said...

Yep...you found me! What a pleasant surprise to read your post...What are you guys doing in Japan?! And 4 kids! Do you go insane? I love my 2, I can't imagine our lives with 4! you are welcome to email at jennieleroy@yahoo.com. Love to chat!

The Thomas Trio said...

Is Alivia eating anything purple? Grape juice and grape koolaid turns anyone green after a few cups. I'm not sure if just grapes do it or not. God luck with that! We are safely in Kentucky and loving it already. Sonya is talking up a storm and climbing on furniture! I need to get her in gymnastics class. Have fun with the cat. Sonya is our cat's aerobics class, cuz she chases them all the time!