Thursday, October 12, 2006

Bat hunting



A few evenings ago, my husband, my dad, the kids, and I all went out for an evening stroll looking for the infamous bats of Okinawa. These bats are huge. They look like flying dogs. The bats don't swoop so I wasn't much concerned about our safety or anything. They are actually kind of neat looking. We ended up finding a tree that many of them were 'hanging' around in. My dad happened to bring the camera and snapped a couple pictures of one.

4 comments:

Todd and Micah said...

Brings back memories of our house on George St. I didn't think dad would ever catch that bat flying around in the house. I remember freakin' out cause I thought he'd never come out alive :)

mi*chelle said...

Holy Hangers, Batman...

Okay, that was cheesy. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Man Scooby, look at the size of that bat. Lets get out of here. It is a good thing they don't come after you!

fosterheartsathome said...

ok..you talk as though this isn't a big deal...are you crazy...just the beaty eyes would give me bad dreams for months!!!
Karla