

Kris and I fumbled around trying to find a flashlight or a lighter and then it came back on. But, just when we thought it was over, it went out again and this time for 2 hours. Talk about feeling primitive. At one point we tried to put the kids to bed, but they're so used to sleeping with fans on that they couldn't sleep. Isaac was still a little freaked out too. So, we took a flashlight to light up our bedroom and everybody piled in mom and dad's bed and made shadow puppets, had tickle fights, and got body slammed. We had a good time. You can see in the one picture the flashlight on the dresser. My flash on my camera does a great job of lighting things up doesn't it? When 10 o'clock hit we had to put the kids down for bed and this time they stayed there. I think we wore them out.
So what was the cause of the blackout you ask? Well, I think everyone was putting up Christmas lights and because we are still using our air conditioners, the system couldn't handle it (yes, I said air conditioners :). Kris went out at one point in time and saw the electric guys removing a box and putting in a new one, so I think that's why it took a while to get power back on. It came back around 10:30 pm so we're good now. What an experience it was and another good memory to put in the photo album.
3 comments:
Its been my experience that nothing makes you feel dumber than when you have a power outage... because I don't know about you but I keep trying to do things that require power... like "oh I'll just zap something in the micro... crap!" Then you always try to flip on the light out of habit even though you know its not gonna turn on. I'm glad you found something fun to occupy your time though!
kris and megan, What great memories for the kids. Looks like they all had fun. Love Meemaw H.
REMEMBER WHEN THE LIGHTS WENT OUT ON SCHIELE ROAD? IT NEVER WAS THAT FUN. WE ALWAYS HAD TO WORRY ABOUT THE STUPID SUMP PUMP NOT WORKING. I'M GLAD YOU ARE CONTINUING THE TRADITION OF THE KIDS IN MOM AND DAD'S BED. IF IT WEREN'T FOR KRIS'S HAIRY LEGS I WOULDN'T HAVE KNOWN HE WAS IN THE BED. IT IS SO WARM HERE WE COULD ALMOST USE OUR AIR CONDITIONERS. IT MUST BE GLOBAL WARMING. I MISS YOU GUYS. LOVE, MEEMAW BARBER
Post a Comment