
Isaac likes to go outside and collect as many snails as he can find and put them into groups. Emma gets in on the fun too and designates little families. There is almost always a mommy and a daddy and the rest are the kids. They also like to have snail races as I'm sure you can imagine the start and finish line are about an inch apart.
Anyway, after the kids came in and washed up, we were eating dinner when Isaac says,'Maybe I have a snail crawling out of my pocket.' He begins his sentences with maybe if he's not sure whether or not he's going to get into trouble. I immediately turned and asked him if he had a snail in his pocket. He said yes and I told him to go take it back outside. He did as I asked only when he threw the snail down against the sidewalk I heard three shells hit and not just one. I then asked him how many snails he had in his pocket. He said, 'Three...' I then proceeded to tell him why it's not a good thing to keep living things in our pockets. Meanwhile, Kris is asking him if he named them.
Isaac goes off to wash his hands and comes back in and says he has more snails in his pocket. At this point I'm wondering just how many snails he has. This time I told him to go outside and dump out his pockets. I asked him again how many snails he has and he says, 'thirty-three'. At first I didn't believe him because I didn't think he could find that many, plus I didn't know the kid could count that high. So, as he's pulling out these snails, I'm counting them and sure enough there were thirty three of those slimy boogers in his pockets.
I was trying so hard not to laugh at him, but it was just too funny. I guess I'm lucky it was just snails and not worms or crickets or something else creepy.
7 comments:
Be glad he hasn't found snakes!!
So glad he knows how to count that high :) I wish I could've been there to see your face!
That's hilarious!!! I think he takes after his grandpa. I actually did that with snakes once, Paul. There were at least 8 in a big jar, which I dropped on the sidewalk when my dad came out of the house and startled me. There were snakes going in all directions. Get used to it, Megan!
ewww... DadI'm glad you didn't drop that jar in the house. I think grandma would've had your hide!
Aw....and it begins... :) HAHA!
People who DON'T get to experience little BOYS just don't know what they are missing.
The bank told me that whenever you buy something online and it asks if you want to save the information for future use (meaning your card number and such) don't save it. We have a feeling it was stolen from that....you live and learn.
Ha! I love that he starts his sentences with "maybe" when he thinks he might be in trouble, that's classic!!! And I'm just wondering, how big are little boys pockets in Japan? 33 snails? Geesh!
Post a Comment